Thursday, March 13, 2014

My New Love-ART

It has been SO long since I have posted here.  I guess I kind of lost interest for awhile due to the business of life.  In the meantime, I have discovered art journaling and mail art.  I have always loved art, and used to draw when I was a child, and art class was my favorite in high school.  But after that I just stopped all art activities until about a year ago.  I was watching youtube videos and came across art journaling, and while exploring that, I also found mail art.   I am no expert, and maybe will not be a teacher or famous, but that is not why I do it.  It is a way to just let myself go.  You see, in art journaling or mixed media journaling, there ARE NO RULES, and there ARE NO MISTAKES.   Mixed media art journaling is basically just using every medium you feel like using and making art in a journal.  There are special journals for it that take the wet mediums and everything you can throw at them  An example is, today, I made a small art journal page for a swap I am doing, and used the following on it.  Gesso, stamping on tissue paper and gluing down, stencils with acrylic paint sprays, printouts from my computer, Faber Castell Pit Brush Pens, Stamp pads and rubber stamps, black outline pen, patterned paper, glue stick, and Distress Ink.  There is probably more, but that is what I can remember offhand.  It is so FUN.  So I will post some of the pages I have made in the past year.  They are not in order, and some are better than others, but it will give you an idea what I have been up to.  I am still new at this, but I am really starting to get the hang of it!  I will explain mail art in my next post.  I hope you enjoy the images.  P.S.  I have also just started my first Smash Book, and a glue journal.  I can't get enough of this stuff!










No comments:

Post a Comment